What's New in MainBoss 4.0.1
MainBoss Advanced 4.0.1 is a small update to MainBoss 4.0, mostly containing bug fixes and improved user messages:
- The Help menu now has an entry named Get Technical Support. If you are connected to the internet, this opens a web page that should make it easier to obtain help from MainBoss Support.
- The new version has improved notification procedures if errors occur during the generation of preventive maintenance work orders.
- New reports have been introduced to let you obtain work order actual costs by date and other criteria. These are listed under Work Orders | Reports | Work Order Resource Actual. There are reports for each type of work order resource (items, hourly inside, etc.).
- In many reports, the Grouping section now has a checkbox Show summary footer for the overall report. This lets you get a summary of the report, even if the report doesn't usually provide such a summary.
- In MainBoss 4.0, if you made changes to the New Purchase Item editor (e.g. set different filters), then saved those settings and made them your default, the default would not actually change; you would still get the old default. This bug has been fixed.
- MainBoss 4.0 did not support some standard shortcut key combinations, such as <Ctrl+P> for printing. MainBoss 4.0.1 now supports such standard shortcuts.