The Benefits of a CMMS in Hotels and Resorts
Hotels, resorts, casinos, convention centers, sports centers, museums, and libraries
all have similar maintenance needs:
- All such facilities must maintain high standards of appearance, comfort, and safety.
- Maintenance departments must satisfy those who use the facility (e.g. with timely and
effective response to problem reports).
- Owners and managers must protect themselves against liability claims from anyone injured
on the premises.
How can a CMMS address these needs?
- Preventive maintenance scheduling ensures that boilers, air-conditioning equipment,
service vehicles, etc. are maintained according to manufacturers' specs and good
- A CMMS makes it easy for workers to find information, including schematic drawings,
blueprints, manuals, pictures, equipment specifications, and anything else that might
be useful for a job.
- A CMMS can make sure that problem reports don't fall through the cracks.
It can also track costs by tenant (when appropriate) to allow for back-charging or to
justify costs at contract renewal time.
- CMMS data records exactly what work is done when.
This can be invaluable evidence to support you in liability suits, proving that
you conscientiously did what you were supposed to.